03 October 2006

GUIification


Scroll bars are not nearly as hard as one would think. Here is the console system I've been improving with command entry and scroll-ability. GUI widgets have gotten a lot of work lately as I started the game editor and game exporting abilities. When it's done I'll be able to load xml game files into the editor, make changes and save the resulting file again. Since this regenerates the xml file from the in memory game, it's possible to lose things like comments in the xml file and elements I forgot to re-export. So that'll be a fun source of bugs. But an editor is necessary for my brain to comprehend coordinate spaces and relative positions.

Also I've made an important discovery relating to the three dimensional world we live in - the fourth dimension is art! The fourth dimension is art!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home