18 August 2006

Physics

I spent some time looking at physics libraries and decided that Newton would be the best for my needs. The API and documentation all lead me to believe that I could accomplish 'physics' based vehicle movement with all kinds of fun skidding. But it would also be nontrivial - shimming in a physics layer this late in the game wouldn't be very pretty. Everything else already moves based on a greatly simplified model which focuses on gameplay over realism. And to integrate my terrain layer I would need to write my own collision and raytracing code.

Oh, and my subversion repository exploded. This will be at least the 3rd time. No more berkley database for me. This is what you get when you give boring problems like databases to hippies. Exploding subversion repositories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home